Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Late Evening Drive Through SNWR

Saturday night I made a late evening drive through Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge. I went just before sunset and the sun was very close to dropping down over the coast range. There weren't many waterfowl. It was cold and the wind was positively howling. I stopped and photographed a few ducks and some scenic images along the auto tour as I went. By the time I left the refuge it was pretty dark. After leaving the refuge I drove along Road 160 North of the refuge. In the dark I could see thousands and thousands of Snow Geese feeding in the flooded rice fields there. I stopped the car and put down the windows to listen. It was fantastic to hear that many geese. Such an incredible sound! It's music for the soul. God's blessings upon your week, chrisAll images were created with a Canon 7D MkII camera. #TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment