Thursday, October 19, 2017

Scarfing it Up!

Yesterday I came up with the idea of creating an orange background to really emphasize the fall colors. I searched through my backgrounds and low and behold I didn't have a single orange one. During dinner I asked Lenore if she had anything orange that I could use as a background. She thought for a moment and replied that she had just bought an orange and green scarf. I looked at the scarf after dinner sure enough one side of the scarf was a solid dark orange. This morning I placed the scarf behind some fall covered leaves and it was just perfect! I set up a very slender manzanita branch for a perch next to the bird feeder. Then I climbed into the photoblind and waited. It took awhile to get the image that I was looking for. I had a lot of missed images and quite a few with either chopped off tails or missing beaks. I really, really like the final image. God's tender love and blessings upon your day, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and Canon 100-400L IS USM V.1 lens. Lighting was provided by four Canon 540 EZ flashes set to 1/128th power. The camera settings used were Manual mode, ISO 400, F 5.6 at 1/200th of a sec. The camera and lens were supported by a Manfrotto 190 XPROB tripod with a Bogen Heavy duty ballhead. It was heavily overcast and starting to mist. Thank you Lord for the coming rain.#TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment