Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Stopping by for a Drink

Yesterday I sprayed some water on the coneflowers out in our front yard. Soon afterwards the butterflies started dropping in for an afternoon drink. I walked back indoors and grabbed my tripod and my camera outfitted with a telephoto lens. I came back out and set the tripod up as close to the flowers as I could focus. I watched and waited until one of the Painted Lady butterflies turned its body towards me. It's really important that the butterfly be as parallel to the front of the lens as possible for everything to be in focus. I was really happy to find a really nice one when I was editing images early this morning. Thank you Lord for the beautiful butterflies, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Tamron 150-600mm lG2 lens at 600mm. The camera was supported by a Manfrotto 055 XPROB tripod with a 3055 heavy duty ballhead. The camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 800, F 6.3 at 1/1,000th of a sec. #TeamCanon, #WithMyTamron

No comments:

Post a Comment