Friday, August 11, 2017

Hummingbird Heaven

When we got back from vacation we only had two hummingbirds left in our backyard. I immediately cleaned and restocked all of the feeders in the first week we were back. At the end of last week I replaced the pump for the hummingbird bath that had died during the heat wave that we have been having. Slowly the hummingbirds have been making a comeback. Thirsty little sugar vampires! This morning I counted over twenty. Pretty exciting to see. They really love our yard and so do we. Here are some images from yesterday afternoon from their favorite perch. It's in the oak tree arch that overlooks our backyard. The images were taken by using the progressive approximation approach. I slowly worked my way forward closer and closer to the perch. I would stop and take images and then stand motionless with my face pressed to the camera. I would then move forward and repeat the process all over again until I couldn't go forward any further closer to the perch.The hummingbirds gradually got used to me being there with the camera and tripod. God's blessings upon your weekend, chris All images were created with a Canon 7D mkII and a Tamron 150-600mm G2 lens. A Canon 550 EX flash set to -2 stops was used for fill flash on a Manfrotto flash bracket. The camera was supported with a Manfrotto 055 XPROB tripod with a Bogen heavy duty ballhead.ISO 800, AV mode, F 8.0 shutter speeds varied.#TeamCanon, #WithMyTamron

2 comments: