Thursday, May 11, 2017

Drizzly Day

Winter has made a come back this morning. I had great plans for doing some bird photography. The thought of sitting in a wet blind doesn't appeal to me this morning for some reason. What to do on a rainy day? I haven't done any smoke photography for quite a long time. It took me about ten minutes to grab what I needed. After setting it up I created close to a hundred images. Afterwards I edited it down to my favorites. The last image reminds me of the movie the, Exorcist, (even though I didn't see it) because apparently the main character in a famous scene in the movie turns her head around facing backwards. On that strange note please have a heart filled blessed day, chris All of these images were created with a Canon 7D camera and a Canon EF -S17-85mm lens.The camera settings used were Manual mode, ISO 100, F 5.6 at 1/80th of a sec. Lighting was provided with a Canon 550 EX flash set to 1/16th power. A tutorial on smoke photography complete with a diagram of the set up can be found at http://diyphotocheapodepot.blogspot.com/2012/02/diy-smoke-photography.html Just copy and paste this url into your browser.#teamcanon

No comments:

Post a Comment