Thursday, February 16, 2017

Editing is Part of the Creative Process

I love to create images. It brings me satisfaction to conceive of an idea for an image and take it through to fruition. Some images can be pretty complex with a lot of planning required and others can be simple and spur of the moment. I have one image in the works that is going to take me a couple of months to complete. Not the actual click of the shutter but in the design and layout of it. After the creation comes all of the editing. Today's image of a Steller's Jay was a pretty straight forward image. I set up a mossy branch next to the feeder and waited for the Jays to come. After about twenty minutes of photographing I had just over a hundred images that needed to be edited. Step one is to upload them to my computer. It's during this time that I eliminate the images that are way out of focus are extremely blurry or have only half of a bird. Believe me it happens! I write down the file numbers that look promising. Next I go through and process the promising files and look for files that I may have missed if I was distracted. The last step is too look at the files that made the cut side by side and choose the ones that I really like. On a big outing or trip this can be a very lengthy process. Enjoy the images from today's rainy day shoot.Which image would you choose? My favorite is the second on from the bottom followed by the one i cropped to a vertical. God bless, chris All of these images were created with a Canon 7D MkIII and a Canon 100-400 IS v. lens. AV mode, ISO 800 Exposures varied. The camera was supported by a Bogen 3055 heavy duty ballhead on a ground pod on our window sill. #TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment