Thursday, October 6, 2016

Curious

Yesterday afternoon I spent some time in the backyard photographing Chestnut Backed Chickadees. I came away with some beautiful images but I love this one because it showcases the friendly, curious nature of the chickadees. This image was created with a Canon 7DmkII and a Canon 100-400IS lens v.1 at 390mm. The camera was supported on our window sill with a ground pod. The camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 800, F 8.0 at 1/2,000th of a sec. The techniques used in creating this image are covered in my book, Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography. It is available at most major book sellers in both hardbound and as an E book.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a beautiful one with great expression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelly. I appreciate the comment and the positive support that you always give.

    ReplyDelete