Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Room for Improvement

One of the great things about photography is that you are always learning. This morning I went out into the backyard and did some hummingbird photography and I tried something new.What I learned is that it didn't work. The image below is OK but it isn't spectacular. There is a lot of room for improvement. The flower was way overflashed and I had to tone it down when I processed the image. The wings aren't sharp. I need to back off on the flash and speed up my shutter speed a little. The background could use a bit more color. I'd also like to see a little more of side of the flower too. So I will need to move that further into the composition. There is always something new to learn. I'll be back at it tomorrow. God's love and blesings upon your day, chris Canon 7D, Canon 100-400IS lens v1, ISO 100, F22.0 at 1/200th of a sec. Multiple Canon 540EZ flashes.

2 comments:

  1. It's all about what you are trying for. I think it's quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about what you are trying for. I think it's quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete