Monday, April 25, 2016

Remains of the Rain

Yesterday morning I went out to restock the bird feeder in the back yard. A flock of Band-tailed Pigeons took off from a fir tree into the grey cloudy skies as I turned the corner into the backyard. They were a beautiful sight to see. After restocking the feeder I turned and went back to the house. Whle I was stepping in the door I looked down to see a single Madrone leaf with one drop of water sitting on it from last nights rain. That looks pretty cool I thought to myself. I went inside and grabbed my camera and a macro lens. I dragged a nearby bench and used it to brace myself as I focused and photographed the leaf. I tried a variety of compositions but this is the one that I liked the best. May you have a blessed week, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D and a 100mm macro lens. Handheld and braced on a bench. AV mode, ISO 400, F 11.0 at 1/13th of a sec.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely how the tones of leaf and rock work together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing Shelly as they really do go well together.

      Delete