Friday, April 1, 2016

Fabulous Finch

I had a great time photographing the finches yesterday out in the little Lake valley of Northern California. What a gorgeous day! I had a long wait sitting, waiting for the birds in my photoblind. Once they started coming in the action was non stop. My eye was glued to the view finder and my fingers were kept busy composing and clicking the shutter. There were both Lesser Goldfinches and House Finches. It was really interesting to watch the hierarchy of who go to use the feeders first. Control of the feeders went first to the female House Finches followed by the males. Next came the female Goldfinches with the male Goldfinches being last. Those poor males rarely got a chance at the feeders. Today I am posting my favorite finch image from the morning. I had to have Lenore help me decide. Between the two of us we narrowed to three images and my favorite was among the three. Enjoy the image and God bless, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D and a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM at 400mm on a Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod with a Bogen 3055 Heavy Duty Ballhead. My camera settings were AV mode, ISO 800, F 8.0 at 1/2000 of a sec.#TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment