Monday, January 11, 2016

Postcard Picture Spot

On Saturday after five days of hanging around the house watching the flooring contractor I was going a bit stir crazy. Luckily we already had a family hiking trip planned and I told the contractor not to come back until Monday. He wasn't too pleased as he has only has one day left to finish the job. We got off to a late start which probably worked out for the better because it was raining. Luckily as we headed out the door I threw some umbrellas in the trunk of the car which we immediately put to use when we got to Montgomery Woods State Natural Reserve. If you want to see a mature magnificent Redwood Grove. Montgomery Woods is the place to see it. There is a spot off to the left just as you enter the grove that has seen the tripod legs of hundreds possibly thousands of photographers over the years. There have been many postcards and calendars created from this spot. I took a few images from this spot too. I included Annika for a small variation to show the scale of the Redwood Trees. We had a really nice time exploring the grove even finding a couple of Rough Skinned Newts along the way. On the winding, twisting return trip we stopped many times along Orr Springs road to take in the foggy scenery. Afterwards we had a nice Asian dinner at the Lotus in Ukiah. What a wonderful day. God's love and blessings upon your week, chris All images created with a Canon 7D handheld or braced as I didn't want to carry my tripod and an umbrella.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It suites me as well, Berke. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. It suits me as well, Berke. Thank you very much for stopping in for a look and commenting.

    ReplyDelete