Tuesday, January 26, 2016

"Perfect Moment"

Many great nature and wildlife images require the photographer to wait or be at the right place at the perfect moment. This can be as simple as waiting a few minutes for the animal to come along or for that one cloud to drift into just the right place. It can also be waiting for hours or even days in a cramped space just waiting for a bird to land on that perfect perch. This morning luckily for me I was photographing from our back bedroom. I was looking and waiting for that perfect moment when a bird would perch on that mushroom (fungi) near the bird feeder. I would look out the window and watch for when the birds were the most active and then I would sit and wait for one to land. When the action died off I would go do something else in the house. After photographing off and on through the morning I captured five images of Chestnut Backed Chickadees perching on the mushroom. This one was my favorite. May you have a blessed afternoon, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600mm lens at 375mm. The camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 1600, F 8.0 at 1/1,600th of a sec. Please take a look at my book, Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography for information on how to photograph birds in your backyard. Cut and paste the following into your browser. http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Backyard-Photography-Chris-Hansen/dp/1937538559 It is available in hardbound and as an ebook.

2 comments:

  1. https://www.facebook.com/AwesomeMohan.bd
    good job.....

    ReplyDelete