Tuesday, November 10, 2015

What a Great Start to the Day

Last night I decided to take a quick trip to the coast to break my case of cabin fever. On the drive out while it was just about light a beautiful Black Bear ran across the road in front of my pick up. It was close enough so that my headlights lit it up rather nicely.Whoo Hoo! When I arrived at the coast the sun was climbing rapidly into the sky with hardly a cloud to be seen. Not the conditions that you want for photography. I made the best of it as the wave action was quite beautiful. After photographing the waves and rock for awhile I stopped off at the beach off at Ward Ave and then later McKerricher State Park to see if I could find any shorebirds. I found a Whimbrel and a Plover. Not bad for a quick little trip. May you have a marvelous day, chris All images created with a Canon 7D

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Chris! You certainly didn't a little bright light spoil your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny. It was an amazing morning with plenty of sunshine.

      Delete
  2. The bird with the long, curved, beak similar to Curlew, which is my province, Västerbotten, bird symbol.
    Each province in my country have a bird, symbolicing the province.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird with the long, curved, beak similar to Curlew, which is my province, Västerbotten, bird symbol.
    Each province in my country have a bird, symbolicing the province.

    ReplyDelete