Thursday, November 19, 2015

Fiery Sunset

I knew that we might have a really nice sunset with the fog rolling in all day yesterday. So when I was in the kitchen cooking dinner I was watching the sun go down with anticipation. As the sun got lower and lower I could see streaks of pink staring to appear. When my dish of Cajun Spiced Cabbage was done cooking I turned off the burner and tossed on a lid to keep it warm then I grabbed my camera and made a quick walk down our road. The sun was almost down and I could see a really cool redwood branch that would look great silhouetted in the sunset. I stepped downhill off the road so that I could include the branch into my composition. Checking the back of the camera I repositioned myself and tried again until I had what I wanted. What a gorgeous sunset. It was like the sky was on fire. This image was created with a handheld Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens at 130mm. The camera was set in AV mode for more control. I used an ISO of 200, F 11.0 for good depth of field to keep both the branch and the distant sunset in focus. A shutter speed of 1/125th of a sec. May you have a blessed day, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment