Monday, November 16, 2015

Fall Favorites

Fall brings out some of the most incredible colors in all of God's creation. Bright reds, soft pinks, brilliant oranges and golden yellows all on brilliant display. My all time favorite has to be the Quaking Aspens. That's probably because I grew up in Colorado and I'm rather partial to them. Living for a long, long time now in Northern California I've come to appreciate the Big Leafed Maples and the Black Oaks. Surprisingly though one of my all time fall favorites is the often overlooked Bracken Fern. They have such a delicate form which when it is backlit reveals some beautiful color on the forest floor. There is a patch of them in our front yard that when the light hits them just right at sunset is just spectacular. May you have a blessed and wonderful week ahead, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D and a 100mm macro lens on a Manfrotto tripod. AV mode, ISO 400, F 8.0 at 1/25th of a sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment