Friday, October 30, 2015

Is It the Star of Bethlehem?

Yesterday morning after putting Badger out to go for his morning pit stop I glanced to the east to see a brilliant light in the sky. Oh that's right I reminded myself. This week there was going to be a major convergence of Venus, Jupiter and Mars in the eastern sky just before dawn. Apparently I have already missed when the planets were at their closest last weekend. I crawled back under the warm covers only to realize that I should get up and take a few photographs of it. After all it was an important event. Some astronomers believe that a similar convergence around 2-3 A.D. was the star of Bethlehem that led the wisemen to find Jesus in Bethlehem. Pretty cool if it was. In any case here is the convergence of the planets over the Mendocino Mountain Range east of Willits, Ca.I couldn't decide which image I liked best. God's precious light and love to all, chris These images were created with a Canon 7D and a Canon EF- s17-85mm lens. Camera settings used were Manual Mode, ISO 800, F 4.5 for 15sec.The camera was supported on a Manfrotto 055 XPROB tripod with a Bogen 3055 heavy duty ballhead.

1 comment:

  1. This was well woth the time to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO7Dz0uOMjM

    ReplyDelete