Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Images From the Old Garden

Once summertime hits there aren't many birds to photograph where I live. My house sits in the forest on a ridge top so after awhile I run out of bird species to photograph. For more variety I go down into the old garden of a ranch house in the Little Lake Valley. The ranch sits astride a small creek with some riparian habitat on both sides. There is pasture land to the west and oak woodland to the east. With this great mixture of habitats there is a nice mix of birds to photograph.This morning I photographed White Breasted Nuthatches, House Finches and one Eurasion Collared Dove that landed on the bird feeder as I was packing up to leave. All the images were photographed with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600mm lens on a Manfrotto tripod. God's light and love to all, chrisIf you are interested in learning about photographing birds in your backyard please check out my book, "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography". It is available at most online booksellers in both hardbound and as an Ebook. Copy and paste the following into your browser to see it on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Backyard-Photography-Chris-Hansen/dp/1937538559

1 comment: