Monday, August 31, 2015

One Hummingbird

Early this morning I went out to the Burris Ranch in the Little Lake Valley to do some bird photography. I haven't been out there in a long time so at the end of last week I set up a new feeder to hopefully bring back in some birds. When I arrived there wasn't a bird in sight. I settled into the blind and waited. After about fifteen minutes or so I started hearing sounds of some birds on the edge of the pasture. That was soon replaced by the sound of a couple of large trucks pulling up and doors slamming. I unzipped the blind to find that a tree trimming crew had arrived to trim the branches from around the power lines. No birds for me! I decided to head home and do some hummingbird photography. When I got home I looked for the blasted cat but I couldn't find her. I settled into the backyard photoblind and waited for some hummingbirds to land on a perch I set up by one of the feeders. After a short wait one male Anna's hummingbird started using it. Then the blasted cat showed up and wanted to be petted. She went in and out of the photoblind. The hummingbird stopped using the perch. I grabbed the now squirming cat and put her in the house. The hummingbird didn't come back so I gave up. At least I got some really nice images. God's love and blessings upon your day, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment