Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Oh My Cows! CanYou Believe It?

On our last full day in Costa Rica my daughter Annika and I set out close to mid day in search of cows. Yes, that's right we went driving out into the countryside looking for cows. The reason was mostly because they are pretty cool looking and they form a big part of the scenery in the Guanacaste Region of Costa Rica. You can't very well show the country with out including some of the cattle can you? This area is ranching country and the Brahma cows played a pretty big role in the development of this part of the country. Brahmas were imported from India because they are well suited to the hot tropical climate and they can survive with much less feed than other breeds of cattle. I had two beef meals when I was in Costa Rica and I must admit that they were some of the most tender and tasty cuts of beef that I have ever eaten. God's love and blessings to you, chris

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, June! My daughter Annika said it was one of the best afternoons of our trip.

      Delete
  2. Oh they are just such lovely cows ... I'm glad you and your daughter went looking ...
    You found hidden gems :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting to spend time with my daughter was one of the highlights of the trip especially now that she is away at college. Thank you for dropping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete