Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My Only Take on Costa Rican Amphibians

I was really looking forward to photographing frogs when I was in Costa Rica. I'm always seeing these images of these fascinating glass frogs and other cool things. I was a bit disappointed when we had to cancel our trip to the rainforest where they are found. We realized it was going to be a long, long bus ride to the rain forest so we canceled. The day we would have done it I caught a really cool looking little guy next to the pool in the morning and I posed him on a branch to photograph him or her. It was similar to the Pacific Chorus Frogs we have in Mendocino County except it was quite large about quadruple the size. When I asked the maintenance guy at the villa where we were staying what it was called he told me it was a Garande Frog or is it a toad. I'm not too sure.... God bless, chris Image created with a Canon 7D

No comments:

Post a Comment