Thursday, July 2, 2015

Falling Dominoes or the Domino Effect

Today's blog could also be called trouble and trials come in threes or is it fours and possibly larger.. It all started when I found out that my new lens needed to be returned for warranty work. All of my mages taken with it of birds flying were coming out blurry and now I know why. It needs to have the firmware updated to correct this problem. My first problem was that in order to return the lens I needed to print out a return form. Therein lies a big problem. My printer has been slowly dying and now it wouldn't print. So I searched online and found a reasonably priced printer that could be picked up at an office supply store in the big city of Ukiah. I hooked up the new printer when I got home. Error message from the printer. "This printer is not compatible with this operating system it must be 10.6.8 or higher". I immediately checked my operating system and found that it was 10.3.8. So yes it wasn't high enough. The next step was to go online and download a new operating system. Which with my slow, slow internet connection took something like six hours with numerous disconnects to hinder the process. The following day I went to put the driver software into the computer and the disk sent with the printer kept being ejected and wouldn't mount. The next best course of action was to go online with my slow internet and download the driver. Which I did, success and I was able to print out the much needed form. I thought I was in the clear and went out and did some hummingbird photography. When I went to upload the images i found that they uploaded at the pace of a snail. Roughly one image every five minutes. Now I thought I needed to update my upload software. I went online and downloaded that and installed it on my computer. I blissfully figured all of my little problems must be solved. When I went to upload some images this morning I was notified mid process that my hard drive was full. Oh my what's going to be next? Here is an image from this morning of a male House Finch from my photoblind out in the Little Lake Valley. May you have a smooth day. God's love and blessings to all1 Image created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600mm at 329mm. AV mode, ISO 800, F 8.0 at 1/200th of a sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment