Saturday, June 6, 2015

Time for a Cool One

This morning I was up and around and in my backyard photoblind even before the sun rose. I have been noticing that with so much more light that the birds were coming to my bird feeder earlier and earlier. So in order to catch the birds in the best light I needed to be in the blind before the birds came. My decision payed off as I was able to get some really nice Steller's Jay and Band-tailed Pigeon images. My favorite image of the morning though was of a Western Gray Squirrel that came to get a drink from my water set up. I could really tell that it wanted a drink. It kept looking longingly at the water and then it would scamper away as soon as it heard the sound of the camera's shutter clicking. I eventually got smart and prefocused on the water where I thought it as heading for a drink. I didn't click the shutter until it was actively drinking. I came away with two images that I really like and this one was the best. May you have a blessed weekend, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 Is lens on a Manfrotto 190 XPROB tripod with a Bogen Ballhead. Camera settings used were AV mode,ISO 800, F 5.6 at 1/125th of a sec. #TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment