Thursday, June 18, 2015

"Focused"

I spent about two hours in the photoblind this morning. I was out there early before the sun was even up to try and catch the great soft light of early morning. It was quite surprising that not a single squirrel showed up to interrupt my bird photography this morning. No blasted cat either as I was careful not to let the beast escape and I put notes on the doors so no one would let her out. Bird wise there were many Steller's Jays mixed with Band-tailed Pigeons. Not another type of bird made any kind of a showing. I heard some Mourning Doves fly by but that was about it. I ended up with a lot of great images images. In editing them this is the one that really stood out to me. This Steller's Jay is really focused on something. I just love that fantastic look of intent. God's precious love to all, chris This image was taken in Mendocino County, Northern California in my backyard. It was created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens at 180mm. AV mode,ISO 800, F 5.0 at 1/15th of a sec. If you are interested in learning about photographing backyard birds please check out my book, "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography". It is available at most online book sellers in hardbound and as an ebook. http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Backyard-Photography-Chris-Hansen/dp/1937538559 #TeamCanon,#Bringit

1 comment: