Saturday, May 30, 2015

Wild Iris

This morning I went looking along our road for a wild Douglas Iris to photograph. We have three types that grow around our house. The most common are the yellow/ white colored ones. They often grow singly or in clumps with five or more blossoms. These are followed by the purple ones. They are almost always in clumps of five or six and rarely do I find them growing by themselves. Last but not least are the purple and white which I'm guessing is a cross between the other two. These I find rarely so I was pleased to find one right off the end of the driveway. I used my Canon telephoto lens with an extension tube for close focusing. I set up my tripod flat on the ground at a low angle so that the dark forest would be the background behind the flower and it would really stand out. I'm quite pleased with the result. May you you have a blessed day, chris This image was created with Canon 7D with a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens with a 20mm extension tube. I used ISO 800 because the forest was rather dark and F 18.0 for more depth of field. The shutter speed was 1/40th of a sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment