Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Few Hummingbirds

One of the best times for photographing hummingbirds is right around sunrise. Because of their high metabolisms hummingbirds need to feed as soon as they possibly can each morning. So they hit the feeder pretty hard around this time making multiple trips to fuel up. So where was I at sunrise this morning? I was snug as a bug in bed. When I finally got out to my photoblind at about eight fifteen there were only one or two hummingbirds visiting the feeder about every twenty minutes or so. It was quite a bit of a wait between visits to the feeder. There were visits from immature Anna's and Rufous Hummingbirds and one male Annas with a skin condition around its eye. It was really nice to be outside for awhile as today was the first day that I have felt a little better since catching the flue about a week ago. Thank you Lord for the healing and time to rest. May you have a blessed day, chris All images created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600mm lens set on a Manfrotto 190 XPROB tripod with a Bogen 3055 ballhead. Camera settings used were manual mode, ISO 200, F 16.0 at 1/160th of a sec. Four Canon 540EZ flashes were used set to 1/16th power.

2 comments:

  1. Chris, I a happy you are feeling better. These photos are stunning! Thank you for sharing your great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much ,Jenny. Now I just feel lousy in the morning and by late afternoon I have to take a nap just like a little kid.

    ReplyDelete