Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Helicopters to Hummingbirds

This morning drove down to the big city of Ukiah, California to drop my Mom off to do her taxes. While she was having taxes done I went for a drive in the country to see what I could see. Ukiah sits in a wide valley full of vineyards, orchards and is in a pretty pastoral setting. On the way out of town I passed the airport and caught a glimpse of "Reach" our emergency air ambulance. I swung a U turn and went back and photographed it. I thought it looked pretty cool sitting there ready to take on an emergency. Next I wandered out into the countryside taking in the vineyards and the hills. the vineyard are leafing out into swaths of green. Some of the meadows have patches of wildflowers. After picking up my Mom we had a great lunch of Super Burritos and Tacos and then I headed home, dropped her off and then went into my backyard and photographed hummingbirds both Rufous and Anna's hummingbirds. All in all just a wonderful day. May God bless you and keep you, chris All scenic images were creted with a Canon 7D and a Canon 17-85mm lens. The hummingbird images were made with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens and four Canon 540 EZ flashes set to 1/16th power.

No comments:

Post a Comment