Sunday, April 12, 2015

Guest Photographer

First and foremost I want to start off today's photoblog by thanking FOWL (Friends of the Willits Library) for hosting a book talk on this last Friday on my new book, Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography. FOWL's president Janey Mitchell did a great job of advertizing, setting up for the event and providing snacks and coffee for the people that came. Thanks everyone for coming out and being such an attentive audience. Saturday morning Lenore and I got up really early and were out and on the road by six ten in the morning. We headed over to the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge and took the auto tour. On the route we spotted a nice Redtail Hawk in a Cottonwood Tree. I couldn't get a very good camera angle on the hawk so I handed the camera to Lenore and I'm so glad that I did. She maneuvered the camera into a great position and came up with this superb image of the hawk. Nice work Lenore! Image was created with a handheld Canon 7D and a Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Lens at 256 mm. ISO 800 F 6.3 at 1/1,600th of a sec. God's love and blessings to all, chris

3 comments: