Sunday, February 22, 2015

Join the Chorus

This has been one weird winter. We have gone from heavy rains and howling winds to warm spring like weather. It was in the low seventies yesterday. Not exactly winter time weather. We are doing a lot of yard work taking advantage of beautiful conditions.It's going to be interesting because we typically tend to get the most snow in March! While cleaning up in the backyard I came across this Pacific Chorus Frog. They used to be known as a Pacific Tree Frog. I created quite a few images of it but this one was my favorite because it really showed off the pads on its front feet which they use in climbing.The pads stick to most any surface including glass. Each night of late we are audience to a small chorus in the backyard as they are starting to breed in our little backyard pond. Please enjoy this little creature. God's love and blessings, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a 100mm Macro Lens. AV mode,ISO 400 F 6.3 at .3 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I heard frogs in Oregon today; this confirms it. Insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it Split Pea Traveler. Come the middle of spring they get loud enough to wake me up. I agree it does get insane.

    ReplyDelete