Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Inundated

Yesterday morning after setting up the bird feeders and putting the pole back into my photoblind I settled in for some bird photography. The birds must have been ravenous from lack of food during the storm because they came piling in. There was a continual stream of four to six birds at a time. My only problem was that ninety nine percent of them were Dark Eyed Juncos. I was inundated with Juncos. Didn't I recently say something about missing them? Somehow they all must have heard me and come! The lighting was just fantastic and I was able to create some gorgeous images. It's so nice to have mornings like this. God's love and blessings to all,chris All images were created with a Canon 7D in AV mode using an F stop of F8.0. This F stop was chosen to allow the background of Bay Laurel trees to be out of focus. This F stop also gave enough depth of field so most of the bird especially the eye would be in focus. Shutter speeds varied. The camera was fitted with a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens set on a Manfrotto 055 PROB tripod with a Bogen 3055 ballhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment