Sunday, November 2, 2014

Clearlake Part 3: Old Coots and Other Things

This is the final installment of my trip to Clearlake in Northern California last Thursday. I just love photographing from my kayak. It's a great way to get some exercise and a wonderful way to see the lake and get very close to wildlife. I did get to see a family of river otters but they just swam on by me never offering a good photographic opportunity. Dark heads in the water don't make for a very photogenic subject. An old sunken boat lying half buried in the mud gave me pause. You really wondered what stories it could tell if it could talk. I did get to see quite a few American Coots, Killdeer and some Greater Yellowlegs. The fall colors around the lake were magnificent. All in all I had a most beautiful paddle on the lake. God's creation is just awesome. chris All images created with an EOS Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens from a Native Watercraft Ultimate 14.5 Kayak using a custom made camera support and a Bogen 3055 ballhead. The scenic images were created with a Canon 10-22 wide angle lens.

2 comments:

  1. I love Coots I think they're cute even though some may not think so they just have that distinctive personalty; beautiful nature shots I really enjoyed your trip on the wild side and will be looking forward to see what else you have in store.

    Have a beautiful day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures, Autumn is such a beautiful season. I look forward to seeing what's next!

    ReplyDelete