Monday, October 27, 2014

Rocky Mountain National Park

We were up before the sun on day eight of my trip to Colorado and Wyoming. My brother Eric and I had our gear packed and out the door without any breakfast. We were headed for RMNP. We stopped on the way to photograph an incredible sunrise and a tiny Mule Deer silhouetted by Mary's lake. The sky was on fire with color. Long's Peak and the Never Summer Range were bright with light. Just inside the park entrance we stopped to photograph some more mule deer. After that it was elk and aspens all over again. There were elk bugling everywhere and the sound was fantastic. The light gave out fairly quickly and then a front started moving in covering everything with clouds. We went down for breakfast in Estes Park at the Bighorn Restaurant where I have always had good meals. It wasn't as good as last time I had breakfast there. I had a chorizo omelette that seemed to be missing the chorizo! The weather didn't clear up after breakfast so we headed down the canyon to Loveland. I made an attempt at photographing the jays again and managed to photograph both ends of a Fox Squirrel instead. Later that evening I had hoped for a sunset but the front moved on in and all it did was cloud over and rain. Looking back on it I can see that it was an amazing day. Thank you Lord for giving us such incredible beauty to marvel and photograph! chris All images created with a Canon 7D and a Manfrotto 055PROBX tripod and an 3055 Bogen ballhead.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome nature shots and I can just hear their screeching voices as they echo through the mountains, that squirrel is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for stopping in and commenting, Marie Flutterby. RMNP is one of my favorite places to visit and photograph. It holds so many memories for me .Family outings of snow skiing, fishing, camping, hiking and picnics.

    ReplyDelete