Thursday, October 16, 2014

Looking for Woodies

Day four of my trip to Colorado and Wyoming found me looking for Wood Ducks. I arose early and was out of the house before the sun rose. I first checked out Ketring park where I spotted a few but they were too far away to photograph. Next stop was Sterne Park where I found them in abundance. Well maybe not abundance but there were twenty or so of them in various parts of the lake. I wasn't alone in my pursuit as there already was another photographer there in a prime spot across from the island. I worked around him so as to not disturb him and still managed to get some fairly nice images of some Woodies. I also got a beautiful one of a Great Blue Heron coming in to land with its wings outspread. An image of a nice pair of Canadian Geese for my daughter Annika who just loves geese. Don't you Annika? I poked around a bit more but didn't come up with anything substantial. I went back to Dan and Julie's house and photographed Zack the wonder dog. What a great dog. Later that evening I made a nice image of Dan playing guitar as well. So nice to be among old friends. God's precious love and blessings to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment