Monday, September 1, 2014

Parade of Chickadees

Every year there are at least one or two sorghum (milo) plants that pop up in my backyard from last years bird seed. I just let them grow for the birds. Last night I set up the bird feeder near one of them so that the birds would land on it before coming to the feeder. This morning when I went out to the photoblind there were already a steady procession of Chestnut Backed Chickadees using it to get to the bird feeder. The lighting got better and better as I sat in the blind. Here are a few select images from that parade of birds. The last image was my favorite. God's love and blessings to all, chris My new book "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography" is soon to be released on Sept.11th. I'm excited! Please check it out on Amazon and other fine book sellers. It is perfect gift for an early Christmas present for birders or photographers wanting to learn how to photograph birds in their backyards or just get it for yourself as it is available as a preorder. These images were created with a Canon 7D and a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens with a Manfotto 055XB tripod and a Bogen 3055 ballhead. Camera setting used AV mode, ISO, F stop and shutter speeds varied.

No comments:

Post a Comment