Friday, September 5, 2014

Pacific Tree Frog

Yesterday when I was changing backdrops for my photography I encountered a Pacific Tree Frog (Pseudacris regilla) also known as the Northern Pacific Treefrog, Northwest Chorus Frog and Pacific Chorus Frog. I wish they would make up there mind and call it by one name! It was securely hidden between two backdrops so it was easy to catch. I placed it carefully on a fern frond. Then I photographed it and set it free in the backyard. This up coming winter it will serenade me during the breeding season by my pond. Krek, krek, Krrrrrekkk. God's precious love to all, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D and a 100mm Macro lens. A Manfotto 055XB tripod and a Bogen 3055 ballhead was used to support the camera. Camera setting used AV mode, ISO 400, F 16.0 with a shutter speed of 1 second.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely.. I adore macro. Everything looks more interesting close up. I am surprised he sat so nicely for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canadian Mom, I'm torn between using a telephoto lens or a macro as my favorite lens. Both lenses give such a close up interesting view on things. i'd probably have to go with the telephoto though as I often use it for landscapes as well. Thank you for stopping by for a look and commenting.
    God bless, chris

    ReplyDelete