Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hummingbird Week Day 6

I took yesterday off for a social whirlwind of commitments. Why do these things all pile up onto the same day? This morning I was up and in the photoblind a few minutes after seven. Hummingbirds are really hungry in the morning after going without food during the night. With their extremely high metabolism they are ravenous for nectar in the morning. I had a few hummingbirds hovering around me this morning as I was setting up. Some are pretty fearless. They are so cool. Here are a some of my favorites from this morning. God's love and blessings to all, chris Camera equipment used Canon 7D Canon 100-400 IS (4) Canon 540 EZ flashes set to 1/16th power Camera exposure settings- Manual mode, ISO 200, F Stop F14.0, Shutter Speed 1/200th of a sec. "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography" by J. Chris Hansen available on Amazon and other fine book sellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment