Saturday, May 31, 2014

Portrait of a Mountain Quail

Some days don't turn out as planned. My goal was to photograph some Band-tailed Pigeons on a mossy perch. The pigeons were having none of it and they weren't even coming down out of the trees. I still managed to photograph a few Steller's Jay and some Western Gray Squirrels. After waiting and waiting for the pigeons to come down from the trees I was ready to pack it in. Right about then a Mountain Quail hopped up onto the feeder which made for a perfect portrait. God has better plans than we do. God bless, chris Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a Bogen 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 400,F 5.6, shutter speed 1/200th of a sec. http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Backyard-Photography-Chris-Hansen/dp/1937538559

4 comments:

  1. I love photography too and have some decent pics i guess but this is beautiful....cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely inspired to try out some nature photography. Thanks Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then my work is done here, Lily. Glad to hear that I have inspired you as I love teaching photography to others. I hope that you succeed in creating some beautiful images.

      Delete