Thursday, May 8, 2014

Last of the Strays from Clearlake

This morning I rounded up the last images from my expedition to Clearlake from last Friday. I love photographing there because of the profusion of wildlife to be found along the edges of the lake. Kayaking the sloughs and the creeks is a lot of fun. Plus I get some well needed exercise. With a kayak it's great to be able to get so close to turtles, ducks and other animals. In addition to the waterfowl and turtles I photographed a few other critters along the lakes edge. Here are some more Yellow Headed Blackbirds, Canadian Geese plus a few other things. Enjoy and God bless, chris Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens,Bogen 3055 Ballhead with a custom camera support. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 400,F stop and a shutter speed varied. All photography was done from a Ultimate 14.5 Native Watercraft Kayak If you are interested in building a custom camera support for a canoe or a kayak please check out my blog on it at http://diyphotocheapodepot.blogspot.com/2011/04/kayak-camera-support.html

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is indeed a beautiful spot, madeinchinawigs. I really appreciate your comment. Thank you.

      Delete