Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Nature Hike

Last Saturday Annika and several of her friends needed to go to Ukiah, CA to take the SAT Test. We had a small snowstorm on Friday and then it rained turning the roads into an icy mess. I offered to drive everyone down in my pick up because it has four wheel drive. The drive down was gorgeous with partly cloudy skies and an amazing sunrise. I handed Annika the camera and she took a nice photograph of it through the windshield as we were driving. After I dropped the kids off for testing I had four hours to myself. Luckily Ukiah abounds in natural areas and parks all a close distance to the city. As for me I chose to park right across the street at Low Gap Park. I grabbed my camera and one lens and went or a giant looping nature walk up the creek. I found plenty of subjects to keep myself busy. After my hike I drove a few miles up Low Gap road looking at the sights before I turned back to pick up the test takers and headed home. God's precious light and love to all, chris Equipment Used- Canon 7D and a Canon 28-135 IS lens.

2 comments:

  1. Just have to say, what an interesting life you have! Very inspiring photographs, I love these colours together.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Alice Barber for stopping in for a look and your comment. I appreciate your comment a lot because it makes me reflect upon my life and that it is interesting. Far too often I take it for granted and I need to look through new eyes at all that God has given me each and every day. Something safe and familiar along with things that are new risky and exciting.

    ReplyDelete