Friday, November 8, 2013

Bright and Sunny

With the time change I need to get out a little bit earlier to catch that soft early morning light. This morning I arose to bright sunshine and clear blue skies. Not the best thing you usually want to see for most kinds of photography. My goal this morning was to photograph a Nuthatch on the side of a tree. Yesterday afternoon I set up a bird feeder just for that and I was really hoping they would start using it. With a late start and me adjusting and restocking the feeder it took some time before the birds came back and started using it. I purposely left open a slot in the side port of the photoblind so I could watch the pond while I waited. While waiting my luck was with me as I got to watch a Ruby Crowned Kinglet come in and take a short bath in the garden pond. Alas, no pictures. They are on my short list of things to photograph as they are extremely secretive and very difficult for me to photograph. With patience eventually I will get a beautiful photograph of one. After the kinglet left the Red Breasted Nuthatches began making regular trips to the feeder. One thing I love about them is that they always start calling as they are coming to the feeder giving you plenty of time to get ready. I only had one interruption from then on when a Junco came inside the blind at my feet looking for seed. When it glanced up and saw me it made a hurried exit. I had a wonderful time in the blind this morning. I'm off to work on my bird photography book. God's blessings, chris Equipment used- Canon 50D and a Canon 100-400 L IS lens at 300 mm Camera setting- AV mode,ISO 400,F5.6 at 1/400th of a sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment