Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Plenty of Deer to Go Around

Yesterday morning I went out looking for Blacktail Deer. I found quite a few near to where I live. I discovered one fawn that was starting to explore the world by getting further and further away from its mom. I also found a pretty nice buck, a five by three. Five antler tines on one side and three on the other. He was regally standing in the forest bending down to feed on acorns under the Tan Oak trees. There was also a small two by spike lying off in the forest taking it easy. Lying down and resting seemed to be popular activity for a number of deer I spotted. I photographed one doe in a group of three spending her morning that way. What a great way to start the day spending a few hours searching for deer and photographing them. Thank you Lord for a beautiful day. chris

2 comments: