Monday, June 17, 2013

On Watch

Yesterday was Father's Day and my family treated me really well. I was presented with some dark chocolate, cashew nuts and some beef jerky. All good things to munch on in the photoblind. I also received a new pair of Birkenstocks and some boxers as well. Now I'm perfectly outfitted. I was thoroughly spoiled. Best of all I got to spend the whole day at the pool with my family. Annika was working as lifeguard so we just saw her briefly on breaks. All the rest of the time she was on watch. She worked and we played Bananagrams (never won) and had BBQ hamburgers.Most of the time we just sat talked and read. Towards the end of the evening I waited until the lighting was softer and I photographed Annika in her guard chair. I asked her to look over at me and she responded sternly,"No Dad. I have to watch the pool."Way to go Annika. Those simple words made me proud to be a father. I talked her into a quick glance over at me for a second which she did. I really like the image with an out of focus swimmer in the background. God's love and blessings to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment