Monday, June 10, 2013

Heat Lightning

Lenore awoke me at four a.m. to let me know there was a quiet lightning display going on outside. Heat lightning flashes were filling the sky about every ten or fifteen seconds. I watched it for awhile and then went and grabbed my camera when it looked like some bolts might be starting to happen. Sure enough as the clouds moved north and east over the Mendocino Range the lightning strikes started. Far too many of them were behind the trees or I just plain missed them while my camera was processing the previous image.An incredible way to start the morning. Thunder storms are fairly uncommon where we live so just to see lightning from a distance here is quite a treat. As beautiful as it is my prayers go out to all of the firefighters whose jobs are going to be probably be very busy today. God blessings to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment