Friday, May 24, 2013

Those Lovely Quail

This morning I had much better luck with the California Valley Quail. When I arrived at my photoblind they were already there. I could hear their feeding calls as I walked up the pasture. They flew off when I got close but I was pretty sure they would be back. About a half an hour later I could hear them working there way up the hill. Soon they were in the fence line surrounding my blind. Cautiously they made their way out into the open and began feeding on the ground below my bird feeders. They made three visits to the feeders while I was there but only one time did one of them go up onto the perch I had set up. It was a great morning with a lot of birds. God's light and love to all, chris

2 comments:

  1. I really like how your class timings of your blog. I enjoyed reading your blog and it is both instructional and interesting.Thanks!

    whitetail pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you stopped in for a look James. Thank you very much for your comment.

    ReplyDelete