Sunday, May 26, 2013

Buzzing Cicada

I was driving with Jay in the car when there was this buzzing next to my shoulder that startled me. Jay questioned, "What the heck was that?" I slowed the car and looked onto the window sill of the car to see a Cicada trying to escape. I plucked it up with my fingers and made a feeble attempt to toss it out the half rolled up window and missed. I couldn't see where it landed and besides I was driving a car and needed to pay attention to the road right? We continued our drive and about five minutes later I noticed that it was on my upper arm. I had Jay put it into a plastic cup and I photographed it later and the set it free in the woods. They are such an amazing creature. Living underground on roots. Some of them for years and then popping up out of the ground to breed and then die. Very cool. View the image large to see all of the detail in the Cicada. God's light and love to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment