Friday, January 4, 2013

Spoiling the Locals

Today I spoiled the local squirrels in my backyard. I put out some walnuts left over from Christmas along with some acorns from a stash I found in the woodpile. I know they liked them from how quickly they disappeared. The walnuts went pretty fast slowly followed by the acorns because I'm sure the squirrels ave plenty of other places to pull them from. While I was at it I also photographed some of the local Steller's Jays. They are always resplendent in thier bright blue plumage. God's light and love to all, chris

8 comments:

  1. Nice shots! The colour of the bird is so gorgeous! I love the 3rd picture. Do you have a flickr account?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shweta Patil! Steller's Jays are beautiful to photograph because of their irridescent blue feathers.I do have a Flickr account.It's under falconswingphotography my business name.

      Delete
  2. Nice pictures, I like first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elbina Rizakhanova I'm glad that you liked it. Douglas Tree Squirrels are my favorite squirrel. They are cute and feisty.

      Delete
  3. Nice pictures.. I do suggest you to upload them on 500px!
    http://picsoniacs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shravan K. I'm still on the fence with 500px right now as I'm pretty spread out now with my postings.

      Delete
  4. these are beautiful pictures! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi! It was nice of you to drop in for a look.You cover an amazing variety of subjects on your blog! Nice work.

      Delete