Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Following the Herd

Today was filled up with domestic chores that needed to be done around the house. Sometimes they are called "deferred maintenance". Tonight as a respite from chores I wanted to try something that I have seen a lot of other photographers doing. Burning steel wool in a chef's wisk while twirling it around your head.Crazy!! Tonight was just an experiment to just get a feel for what it is all about.First off I learned that you really,really need to take fire safety into consideration.Those little sparks go everywhere! That is why I chose a rainy dripping night.Secondly is that for personal safety a hat and safety glasses are required. The sparks sometimes land on the twirler or twirlee as well. My yard wasn't the most photogenic location for it and I look forward to trying in near the ocean or in a river where you could get something really creative going.The reflections would be incredible! God bless, chris

6 comments:

  1. This is pretty cool and the possibilities are endless. Are you going to post a "how to" on the Cheapo Depot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks C. Hansen. It is pretty cool. I might post a "How To" on Cheapot Depot once I get the technique down a bit more to where I am producing something quite a bit more creative and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked it a bunch! It's like an inflamed Slinky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cairn Rodrigues. You can make some pretty unusual patterns depending upon how you move it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Kemanist, indeed it is. This is just a starting point. Hopefully I can plan out something really creative before the rains end in spring.The mind is ticking...

      Delete