Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Shy One

Some birds are just harder to photograph than others. In the forested area where I live there is one bird that I'm lucky to get to photograph whenever I get the chance. It's not because it is rare either.In fact I see hem all of the time.They are actually pretty common. The bird in question is a Spotted Towhee. They used to be called the Rufous Sided Towhee but then they changed the name. I hate it when they do that. In any case they are hard to photograph well because they are a ground dwelling bird for the most part. Towhees prefer the underbrush and are rather shy and reclusive. They have to be lured from the ground up high enough onto a perch to be photographed because they normally love to stay down low. Yesterday morning I set up some perches that had ramps between them to encourage the ground dwelling birds to come up to a more comfortable level (for me anyway) to be photographed. This one Rufous er I mean Spotted Towhee obliged several times and this one was my favorite set of images from the morning.The thing I love about these Towhees is the intense red eyes!They are just so cool. Thank you for dropping in for a look today. Please leave your comments below. I love to hear from readers. God bless, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment