Friday, September 28, 2012

That's a Fine Kettle O' Vultures

This morning I was quite the busy boy. I worked out,did the recycling, photographed some birds and had lunch with Lenore. All in a mornings work! I went out to the Burris Ranch because I wanted to photograph some birds on a mossy rock. The only birds that came in were Dark Eyed Juncos. It's that season of the year where I'm only getting to see just the local birds as other birds are or have already migrated southward. After getting out of the photoblind a kettle of Turkey Vultures (yes that is what a group of turkey Vultures is called) began forming in the thermals above the pasture next to my blind. I stayed and watched them for about fifteen minutes. A couple of times they broke off into separate groups but then they came back together again. At one point I counted just over forty vultures. I couldn't get the whole kettle in as I had my telephoto lens on.All in all a very nice morning. God's love and blessings to all chris

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures. So many vultures at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping in ,Tojav. It was the largest group of Vultures I have seen in a long time.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE these pictures. I am a bird lover and I have taken a lot of pictures of birds. It is probably my favorite subject. Of course none of my pictures are as good as yours. You have some awesome and beautiful photography. Glad I stumbled upon your page. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping in for a look and your nice comment, PerfectMindStorm.

      Delete