Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mad for Macro in the Meadow


This morning I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to photograph some grasshoppers! I rolled out of bed while the rest of the house was sleeping. I grabbed my macro lens and a tripod and headed out the door. My destination was a small meadow below the dam at Lake Emily near my house here in Northern California. I knew I would find some grasshoppers there. The cool thing was is that I found quite a few other insects as well.There were bumble bees, butterflies,hoverflies and even earwigs. I had a great time crawling around on my knees and getting down low on my belly.I'm really happy with many of the images. Take a look and see.

God's love and blessings to all,

chris








18 comments:

  1. these photoes looks great, you are a good photographer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping in for a look Galen. I really appreciate the compliment.

      Delete
  2. I love the last shot. I like these kinds of exposures and the simple, clean composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much MCat. I'm glad that you noticed simple clean look as that was what I was working for that morning.

      Delete
  3. Oh christ you are a good photo grapher please come and comment on my blog at http://naijaexploits.blogspot.com thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Te zdjęcia są CUDOWNE !! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad ou stopped in for a look at my photography blog, Ruda. I'm pleased that you find the images to be wonderful.

      Delete
  5. I forgot to mention that I love the alliterative title of this post as well =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MCat. You probably noticed I throw in alliterative titles once in awhile.

      Delete
  6. Wow, these are great pictures Chris. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Dusk fire. I glad you stopped in to look at my photoblog and I really appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  7. it's beautiful! :)

    http://joochym.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much jochym. I'm glad that you stopped in for a look.

      Delete
    2. I enjoyed looking at the pictures on your blog. The birthday cake looked delicious!

      Delete
  8. Adorable :) I used to do this back in the days. gotta go back to it!

    http://www.healthandfitnessvault.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Franklin. Go grab that camera and put it to use!

      Delete