Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Carnivorous?


Today I was still processing images from the Island Mountain Round Up. I took a break this afternoon and photographed a few Garter Snakes in the backyard pond. While I was lying on my belly by the pond I noticed a Hoverfly land on a Jasmine flower to feed. UH Oh! I thought to myself. Sure enough within seconds it was trapped by the probiscus deep into the flower.It was stuck and couldn't escape. Both my kids and I have found numerous hoverflys that have been trapped this way by the Jasmine flowers. Do the flowers need protein? Are they carnivorous? I have researched it a couple of times online and I can't find anything about this fact. If you know or find any information. Please let me know.

God bless,

chris

12 comments:

  1. i too have a photograhy blog. can you just tell me what is your daily views?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shravan, My daily views are all over the map.I'm not sure what makes it high or low as of this point.

      Delete
  2. photography is art to reconstruct the reality........good

    http://pg-in-faridabad.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maravillosa fotografía, me encantan las fotos de la naturaleza y las suyas son increíbles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really i impressed. What a wonderful presentation.Now i am happy.Thank You!!!!!Melbourne florist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Imran. I'm glad that it made you happy.

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous blog! What fabulous pictures! I just don't know what else to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, CJ Grace. Responses like your give me lots of encouragement.

      Delete
  6. Very nice blog. I love your ideas - simple and back to basics ...Melbourne florist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your wonderful compliment. It is most appreciated.

      Delete